Friday, January 11, 2013

Do you want to be sent?

Mark 6:7-13

vs8. "He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff - no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts-." (NKJ)

Don't wait until you have the provision to start the journey. If the LORD calls you or sends you, then GO! Faith is in the action of believing the LORD has it all under control. If we wait until we are comfortable then there is no faith to make a move. He wants us to step out in faith to build our spiritual muscles. Without the burn of the muscles there is no growth. I do not want the comfortable couch sitting  spiritual life. I want a daily burning of my muscles, the pain means it is being pushed to its limits. Without pushing there is not growth, and without growth we are as lukewarm, and I do not want to be vomit in the LORDs mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Fifteen months ago the LORD told me to GO.
We were living in Indianapolis and we were actively listening daily to what the LORD had in store for us. He told me that I would be provided for and to only take $50 in cash with me on my 2000 mile journey from Indianapolis, IN to Sandpoint, ID. Now I did start with 150 gallons of fuel just for the record. The journey was a leap of faith in my eyes and a crazy decision in others eyes. I knew if the LORD said to GO, He would take care of my needs. I went and in three months when I flew back to Indianapolis to pack my family I still had some money. I drove all over three counties of North Idaho all under the direct instruction of the LORD. Not only did he provide a supernatural filling of my belly and gas tank, He also had me meet many key people that would turn out to be even greater blessings than I could ever dream.

If we could only believe in others the way I was believed in and accept when others believe in us as well. We could change the course of this world.

The LORD wants us to use what we have available for His purpose and then allow the Holy Spirit to give increase in knowledge. As we walk in what we have.
He will take care of us in the midst of turmoil, stress, and other worldly going ons.
I learned in this that I needed to "break" standard doctrine and start the Holy Spirit leading in my life.
Ephesians 4:11-16 (NKJ)
11And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love."

Of course all scripture should be paired with Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever".
Since there is no time in His time. He is the author of time and He says He is always the same. Which means everything that was written in the BIBLE is still active for today's people. If I had only known that many years earlier...


No comments: