Thursday, January 17, 2013

Understanding the Purpose of Enemies...

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends." - Baltasar Gracian
"An enemy is to delay, distract, or destroy your destiny."


The enemy will use criticism, we must learn how to affirm and encourage others.
Matthew 5:11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake."
Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit."

The enemy will use unforgiveness, we must discover how to forgive others.
Matthew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses"
Matthew 8:21-22 "Then another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.But Jesus said to him, “Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

The enemy will use bitterness, we must discover how to be a better person.
Hebrews 12:15 "looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;"
James 3:13 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom."

The enemy will use greed, we must discover that to live is to give.

The enemy will use fear, we must discover how to use faith.
Proverbs 29:25 "The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe."
2Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Lessons from the life of David:
Enemies force you to talk to God.
Psalms 59:1-2 "Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; Defend me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, And save me from bloodthirsty men."

Enemies cause you to review your options more closely.
I Samuel 30:8 "So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?”And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”

Enemies make you known.
?Who knew David before Goliath?
I Samuel 18:7 "So the women sang as they danced, and said: “Saul has slain his thousands, And David his ten thousands.”

Enemies make you stronger and prepare you for the next battle.
I Samuel 17:37 "Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you!”

Enemies teach you to give God praises.
Psalms 34:1 "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."



No comments: