Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Communion with God...

How I learned to hear from God...
People in the Bible can hear the voice of God, why is it so difficult for us now to hear Him? We are in a fog of technological distraction, that would be the easy way to explain it, but what about those that do not even know what technology is? As I studied the Word and listened to Mark Virkler I realized I wanted to hear God's voice but was not. It was depressing and I was not getting anywhere. I put four keys into action and there He was speaking to me, actually since putting into action the "four keys of hearing God's voice", I found that He was speaking to me all along. Wow what a revelation to have in such a time as this. There was a few other things that I learned as well. I realized that I can learn from out side my theological boundaries, because there is truth there. I can gather truth from anywhere when the Holy Spirit is leading me. Remember we are to be childlike to enter the Kingdom of God, so we need to realize that children do not have all the answers. We need to be open to hear the Holy Spirit and His leading in the truth that we find. I should not be Pharisaical in my approach to life.
Okay, so now I will list the four keys to hearing God's voice. Currently I will be using this blog to write these things and the things I journal about daily.
(All verses are NKJV unless otherwise noted.)
Habakkuk heard God so I will too.
Habakkuk 2:1+2 (italics + bold added):
I will stand my watch
And set myself on the

rampart,

And watch to
see what He
will
say to me,
And what I will answer

when I am reproved.

Then the LORD answered me

and said:

"Write the vision

And make it plain on tablets,

That he may run who reads it."


It is a great idea to find those in the Bible that have the gift or do what you want to be able to do and study them. Also ask them to teach you how...

Key #1: Quiet yourself in the Presence of God. BE STILL.
  • "Stand my watch and set myself on the rampart"
  • Repent of not stilling your mind.
  • Tell your mind to be still.
  • Repent for fearing Satan over God's grace getting me.
  • Ask for the Spirit, quiet your mind, when you believe for it, it will happen.
Key #2: Look for vision as you pray.
  • "And watch to see what He will say to me"
Habakkuk understood a very important principle of hearing the LORD. He watched to see what the LORD wanted to say. In our analytical minds we think that is a mix up of senses, that is why we need the Holy Spirit to guide us in the study of His Word. There are many accounts of Biblical characters that had visions. As a matter of fact if we as Christians are not having visions we are not in obedience to the LORD.
Hebrews 12:2
"looking unto Jesus"
Joel 2:28
"...old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men
shall see visions"
Acts 2:17
"...young men shall see visions,
Your old men
shall dream dreams."

I believe when the LORD says shall, He means for it to be not just a suggestion but a loving command.
  • Seeing instead of thinking: Visual vs. analytical
  • "New Agers" are counterfeiting what the Church should be doing.
  • Vision is real it has value.
  • Seek what else has Satan counterfeited? And do those things in the name of Jesus.
  • God created all things for good and Satan counterfeited to confuse us.
How do I use vision, dreams and imagination? Bible is full of them. God is not afraid of vision. Do not add fear in your life in any way. Add faith!
Repent for not looking for visions, dreams, and imaginations. Present the eyes of my heart as a living sacrifice. Use vision purposefully, look for it, live for it, surrender your eyes of your heart to the Heavenly Father.
  • Imaginations are childlike.
  • The children will inherit the Kingdom of God.
  • Put your name in for the promises in the Bible
  • Place yourself in the scenes of the Bible, live them out in your imagination.
  • Invite the Holy Spirit to the scene, let Him speak to you and write it all down.
  • Do it daily, this is meditation on His Word.
  • Write the flow.
Key #3: What He will speak to me will be spontaneous thought.
  • Very Simple, God is not wanting it to be complicated, how can a child understand complication?
  • We hear God's voice every day, tune into His spontaneity.
  • Our thinking is logical, analytical and orderly.
  • When in flow we are most creative and effective.
John 7:38
"He who believes in Me,
as the Scripture has said,

out of his heart will flow rivers of living water
."
  • Let the Holy Spirit flow like a river, the Holy Spirit speaks through me and worships through me.
  • In flow every thing is wonderfully perfect, because you have given the worldly cares to Him.
  • When in tune to Him and His flow, thoughts, visions, and the anointing comes.
What does the human spirit feel like? It is flow in the Holy Spirit.

Key #4:Write out the flow of thoughts and pictures in you.
  • Two way journal writing.
  • Let Him do most of the talking (80-90%)
Ecclesiastes 5:2
"Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter

anything hastily before God.

For God is in heaven, and

you on earth;

Therefore let your words be few
."
  • The Bible, of course. is all vision in written form.
  • Journal writing releases the Word of God.
  • Come in faith believing, God can be trusted while praying, give Him a chance.
  • When flow is flowing write it all down, do not doubt or stop.
  • Test is later.
  • Writing is a tool, knowing you can stay in faith and knowing you can test it later.
Here is a short summary of what I learned through this:
  1. Stillness
  2. Vision
  3. Spontaneity
  4. Journal Writing
Use all 4 at once and you will hear GOD! I did and it worked...
Journal everyday...
My next entry will be what the LORD had me write down...

No comments: